This is my page of wisdom and advice. These pearls of wisdom deal not only with hair and beauty, but with life itself and how to get the most out of it. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to drop me a line and maybe I'll include your own gems on the site.
Get your ends trimmed at least once every four weeks to keep your hair looking it's best.
If you've never colored your hair, Start with Balayage highlights, you'll get that sun kissed, sexy, hanging on a yacht with Rock Stars Look. Works for me.
To get that natural sun-kissed hair and skin, squeeze three Key Limes into a glass and rinse through your hair. Next, take a chair and sit by the pool or beach with the lime juice in your hair. Then take three more limes and squeeze them into a glass with tequila and ice and a two spoons of sugar. Mix, drink and watch the sunset. Run to us for balayage highlights, and I guarantee you'll feel better in no time.
Put at least one Elvis song on your Ipod. On second thought, better make that two.....
Watch at least one movie from start to finish, from each decade starting with the forties.
Beg borrow or steal at least one piece of classic, vintage, authentic clothing or jewelry. Just remember, if you steal it, just don't get caught and don't ever mention my name......
If you ever run out of shaving cream, hair conditioner will do great in a pinch, plus your skin will feel smooth and hydrated.
Sometimes your best hair days are the ones when you don't wash your hair and put a lot of time into it. Go figure...
If you want to have a great "hair day" everyday, get a buzzcut.....
Elvis purchased Graceland for only $100,000. Now that's appreciation that even Wall Street can't beat.
Your hair is made up of the same protein deposits as your fingernails, and they are not a living part of your body, but your nails are a good indication of the quality of your hair.
If you ever want to blow dry your naturally, rent a convertible and take a drive on one of these five roads. I guarantee that it will be the best "blow out" of your life.
1. Highway 1 down the coast of California.
2. Historic Route 66
3. Any New England rural drive during the fall foliage season.
4. 17 Mile Drive in Pebble Beach California.
5. Miami to Key West. Once during the mid morning and once going to Key West in the early evening.
Almost everyone has a cowlick in their hair. This is just a swirling wave in the way your hair grows. No matter how hard you try to get rid of it, it is there to stay. You can use straightening products, gels, blow outs, heck you could even cut it off, but it will always come back. The best thing to do is to have your hair styled around it.
Someone recently asked me what my favorite movies were. There are too many to list, but here is the short list.
1. The Great Escape. (True story of WWII POW camp starring Steve McQueen, James Coburn, and many more)
2. The Outlaw Josie Wales. (Clint Eastwood's last great western)
3. It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World. (Mickey Rooney, Buddy Hacket and too many other stars to mention. Hysterical, classic.
4. The Shawshank Redemtion. ( Who knew it was written by Stephen King)
5. Some Like It Hot. ( Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon)